Saturday 3 September 2011

Yamba is invited to Playing for Change community busking event on 17 September 2011



PLAY A SONG. BUILD A SCHOOL.
CHANGE THE WORLD
.


Debrah Novak has invited every local with music in their hearts to participate:

I would like to personally invite Yamba to participate in the inaugural global event ‘Playing For Change’ on the 17th of September simply because the Lower Clarence oozes extreme talent! You know we do…………well you all know how musical I am with my SAMBA shakers!

It is a global day of action using music.

This event will be for one hour and I am inviting musicians of all shapes and sizes to turn up an play. I have spoken with council and I have the responsibility of taking out a buskers license and calling it Debrah Novak & friends. This covers us for insurance! (Thanks CVC)

It will be an un plugged music jamming session where everyone is welcome to join in.

There will be a hat for people to through money into. Money raised goes to the ‘Playing for Change Foundation’. Money raised goes to third world countries to buy kids musical instruments.

Here are the two websites about the event.

Venue: Yamba Fish and Chip corner
Time: 7pm till 8pm
Date: 17th September 2011

Wet weather venue TBA.

This is the first heads up. The only reason I have put my hand up to run this event was when I looked at the number of global events celebrating this day there was only one in Australia and that was in Brisbane. We are the lucky country with amazing talented people, we can do better than that!


Debrah Novak Photography & Media Services  
p: 0266 46 1 174 | m: 0419 272 621 | e: dnovak@phonestar.net.au

No comments: