Tuesday 14 April 2009

Worrying times under this feathered fascism


All the old newspapers on the farm are used as mulch and weed suppressors in the garden and it works really well. I did not think that there was a downside to this practice until very recently.

Those of you who follow this group blog will know I have been having problems with fascist geese taking over the farm. However, up to this week there was one area permanently declared a goose-free zone and that is the vegie garden.

Yesterday afternoon a panzer division of geese stormed the frontline fence and broke into the forbidden garden.

It was a stealth attack, they made no noise at all.

Which is very hard for geese, since they seem to have opinions about everything and insist on telling the world at the top of their lungs.

By the time I discovered the invasion and rallied the troops (the old dog and myself) to counter attack these geese and drive them from their new found territory, they had a few hours worth of eating all the vegetables they could find.

At first I thought that it was only the vegetables they wanted, but I am not too sure now.

There's been a change in their tactics and something about the way they are conducting themselves does not bode well.

This morning I think I may have found the answer.

While repairing the damage and cleaning up the mess I happened to glance down at the mulch headline screaming up at me, Fiji crisis deepens!!!

It had a muddy goose footprint on it, and one of Commodore Barney's quotes had been ripped out (as was a photo of the infamous leader) and was missing .

The geese have found a soul mate, a hero; with him as inspiration who knows what will happen here on the farm in coming days.

No comments: