Thursday 13 March 2008

Pension Bonus: Don't forget disability pensioners live on God's earth too

 
MEDIA RELEASE
12 March 2008
 
Pension bonus:
Don't forget disability pensioners live on God's earth too
 
"CPSA welcomes Treasurer Wayne Swans reassurance that pensioners and carers will receive their additional payments, but calls on the Government to extend the pension bonus to disability pensioners to help them cope with the cost of disability", said CPSA Policy Coordinator Paul Versteege.
 
"Ninety per cent of disability pensioners cannot work and most have no additional income.
 
"What disability pensioners as a rule do have are large bills for disability equipment and medical consultations.
 
"Disability pensioners deserve not to be left in the lurch. They, too, live on God's earth."
 
Contact: 
Paul Versteege
Policy Coordinator
Combined Pensioners and Superannuants Association (CPSA)
Level 9, 28 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills  NSW  2010
Phone 02 9281 3588
Mob 0410 612 182
Fax 02 9281 9716

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on a D.S.Pension and I feel that we as pensioners who also have a carer would benfit greatly from this Bonus as it is hard to buget year round tring to make ends meet. I have to be on quite alot of medication and if I didn't have Chemist Account to book up my medication then I just would not be able to buy all of my tablets that I need to have. The bonus that we have had over the last four years has helped to pay for that out standing bill with the Chemist each year along with much needed replacement of other medical aides that I require as well.
I believe that The LORD GOD IS IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE and I know that HE IS WATCHING OVER ME, I PRAY DAILY FOR OUR GOVERNMENT TO HAVE CONPASSION AND SEE TO BOTH THE DISABLED AND THE ELDERLY NEEDS< which is their duty to do so. Don't you think so everyone.