Tuesday 27 November 2007

Did my ears deceive me?

Did I really heard Tony Abbott last night telling the world that he would make a great Liberal Party leader because he had relatively good people skills?
And did I also catch the sound of a business group spokesperson calmly opining that the Howard Government had actually been too right-wing?
I know I witnessed the cock crowing thrice as a number of Coalition members sought to deny policy which they had previously said was set in stone and vital for the future of Australia.
Ah, strange fruit is beginning to grow in the orchards of those who had thought the former Howard Government electorally invincible.

1 comment:

Diego Luego said...

I have a shameful confession to make. Tony "mad monk" Abbott is my local member.

Please don't tell anyone.

By the clever tactic of hiding away and appearing in public a little as possible he managed to only suffer a 1.1% swing against him.